Welcome to the Activity Page
“Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!” –
Balloon and Tin can experiment 🔋🔌🎈
When you rub the balloon through your hair, invisible electrons (with a negative charge) build up on the surface of the balloon. This is called static electricity, which means “non-moving electricity” The electrons have the power to pull very light objects (with a positive charge) toward them – like we have done with the can.
Use a biscuit and place icing sugar on it, decorate with sprinkles and matchsticks as the bonfire.
Find a bottle that you can recycle and fill with rice or pasta, decorate the bottle and use the bottle as a sensory aid to create a rain maker.
Christmas Snow Globes
So easy to make…
Make a plasticine model and glue it to the base of a jam jar, fill the jar with water, glitter and a teaspoon of glysterine, glue the lid shut and tadahhh a Christmas snow globe 🎄❄️⛄️🎊🎁
Vacuum science experiment 🔭🦠
Step 1- Pour water onto a plate and mixed in food colouring.
Step 3- light a candle and place a glass/container over the top of the candle
Step 4- watch what happens
Recycling Week at Fusion- we ‘attempted’ to make our own paper using scrap paper! It was super simple, have a go and let us know how it goes!!
Step 1- rip the paper to stamp size pieces
Step 2- soak the paper in a bowl
Step 3- whisk the paper until ir goes soggy and clumps together
Step 4- squash all the excess water out using a teatowel
Step 5- leave it in a warm place on baking paper to dry (it takes a few days!)
Use any healthy fruits such as mango, kale, berries, apples, bananas, oats, milk, yoghurt, avocado!
Put the ingredients into a nutri bullet or a smoothie maker. Add water, milk or yoghurt to thicken the smoothie up and mix.
Your smoothie is finished and now you can taste.
Summer Flower Petal Pictures
Use some old flowers and create pictures using the petals. Try experimenting with different colours and different shapes using different types of flowers.
Summer Finger Painting
First chose an object wether its a pineapple, ice cream cone and use coloured paints to dip your finger into and start designing. Let your creativity flow and enjoy!!
Use a toilet roll tube and cut the sides different lengths. dip the toilet roll in coloured paints and spray onto paper to make a firework effect.
St Georges Day – 23rd March
At Fusion we learnt all about the Italian artist, Arcimboldo. He was famous for painting portraits using fruits, veg and natural resources to create faces. We used fruit to print faces as well as drawing our friends in the style of Arcimboldo. 🍏🍌🍉🍇🍓🍋🌽🥕🍅🍆🌶
What pictures can you make? 10 house points for the best designs….
CHRISTMAS SNOWMAN BISCUITS
You will need… 1 biscuit, white icing sugar, marshmallows, sweets.
- Place icing sugar on the biscuit to create the melting snow man
- Put the marshmallow on the biscuit.
- add the different coloured smarties/sweets as buttons
- add chocolate sticks for arms and decorate how you wish
Rosh Hashanah Printing
To celebrate Rosh Hashanah we created greetings cards by Pomegranate printing. Why not try it? Cut a pomegranate or any other fruit in half and print onto card to create a lovely pattern, change the colours and it will look fab!!
To celebrate Black History month we played a fun game. You need two people for this to work, and sit back to back. One person describes the picture in front of them and the person behind them has to draw it but cant see the picture so needs to follow the instructions clearly.
Chocolate Brick Wall
You will need:
- 160g Butter/Margerine
- 175g Granulated Sugar
- 225g Self-Raising Flour
- 25g Cocoa Powder
- 1 Egg
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 3 / 170C
- Melt the butter, add the sugar and mix well.
- Add the flour and cocoa and mix well until you have a stiff consistency.
- Beat the egg and gently mix into the flour mixture.
- Put the mixture into a greased 30cm x 18cm baking tray, and gently press into the corners and flatten into the tin.
- Sprinkle with a little water and place in the top half of the oven for 45 minutes.
- Then remove from oven and sprinkle with sugar. Allow to cool for 5 mins then cut into required size pieces and place on a wire tray.
- You can either eat it as it is, or make some custard to go with it for dessert.
4 Minute Play Dough…
You Will Need…
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- Food coloring
- 1 cup flour
- Combine water, oil, salt, cream of tartar, and food coloring in a saucepan and heat until warm.
- Remove from heat and add flour.
- Stir, then knead until smooth. The cream of tartar makes this dough last 6 months or longer, so resist the temptation to omit this ingredient if you don’t have it on hand.
- Store this dough in an airtight container or a Ziploc freezer bag.
Question Of The Day…
Toilet Roll Tube – Paddington Bears
- Go to the toilet and get a empty tube.
- cut out a blue strip for Paddingtons coat.
- Make an origami or 2d red hat and place it on Paddingtons head.
- Add nose and eyes
- Add a button on his jacket.
- FINISHED – Toilet Roll Tube Paddington
- Melt butter in large sauce pan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted and well-blended. Cook 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly and firmly in buttered 13 x 9 inch pan. Cut into 2 x 2 inch squares when cool.
Dr Seuss Quiz
Dr Seuss quiz- if you would like to complete the quiz please hand your answers in and you will receive 5 house points!! 👍🏼📖✅
St Andrews Day Shortbread
- 125g/4oz butter
- 55g/2oz caster sugar, plus extra to finish
- 180g/6oz plain flour
Morning Christmas yoga 💪🏽🎄
Try the Marjaryasana Bitilasana pose to have a good morning stretch and relax.
Firework Paint Pictures
- Get a toilet roll tube
- With adult help but lines in the tube at the bottom
- Place colourful paints in a plate
- Push the toilet roll into the paint and make your picture.
Snail and The Whale Chocolate Swirls
Chocolate Snails – Julia Donaldson Book Snail and the Whale.
Ingredients – ready roll pastry, chocolate spread
Utensils – greased baking tray, butter knife, sharp knife
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees,
- Roll out the ready roll puff pastry sheet.
- Using a butter knife, spread a layer of chocolate spread all over one side of the pastry sheet.
- Carefully, roll the pastry sheets back up
- Using a sharp knife, cut into equal thin slices.
- Put the slices on your baking tray ( you may need to squish them back into a round shape)
- Bake them for 15 minutes until crisp
- Eat your yummy chocolate snails!
Bring it to Fusion and you can receive 5 house points!!!!