We have finished Inventor Month by studying Alexander Fleming – who invented Penicillin. We have learnt alot about him and been doing lot of science experiments. Now onto CHRISTMAS!!!
Wizards brew ✨🔮✨
What you will need:
1 medium sized jar
Bicarbonate of soda
Food colouring (4 different colours)
1. Place the jar in the tray (to protect table top)
2. Fill the jar a couple on cm from the top with white vinegar and mix with 1 colour of food colouring and glitter
3. In three separate cups fill with around 3cm of vinegar and mix with a few drops of food colourings you have left (each cup should be a different colour)
keep these to the side to add later
4. In the main jar, add a heaped spoonful of the bicarbonate of soda and mix well.
The wizards brew should now be bubbling over the rim on the jar.
5. Slowly add the different coloured vinegar one by one. Mixing each time.
6. More bicarbonate of soda can be added at this point to keep the bubbling going.
As you add the different coloured vinegar mix the brew will bubble up and change colour in front of your eyes.
You can do this for as many colours as you choose and keep the experiment going as long as you wish